2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Friday, June 22, 2012

Daughters in My Kingdom


A couple of times a week I have been reading our new book from the first Presidency and General Relief Society Presidency, entitled,“Daughters in My Kingdom.”  I have enjoyed it so much that I took a copy to a neighbor who has been inactive for many years.  I asked her to read it and tell me what she thought.  A few weeks later, I returned to her home and asked what she thought of the book.  Her response was, “Wow! LDS women are amazing!  I didn’t know all that about the Relief Society.”  She consequently asked her non-member daughter if she wanted to become part of Relief Society. 

I loved how Sister Beck put it when she said that, "the work of RS is the work of salvation among all of our Fathers children and that by serving in Primary and YW you are fully engaged in the purposes of RS." 

Will you please study this wonderful book and encourage the women in primary to do so also?  Share with them your experiences in reading it and then follow up with them to see if they did.  I know that as you study this book, you and the primary leaders and teachers will feel like an essential part of the Relief Society and your testimony and understanding of this great organization will increase.  The Lord will pour out His Love and blessings upon you.

Tanya Yancey
Arlington Stake Primary President

No comments:

Post a Comment