2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Few Short Years


Weekly Teaching Moment:  A Few Short Years

My two teenage children and I spent the day today at Century Link Field in Seattle with the High School Band.  It was fun.  The band participated in the half time with many other HS Bands from all around the state and with the Husky Band for the half time of their football game.  I was impressed by the mass of humanity and the amount of people, lights, scoreboards, talent, TV’s, music, money, advertisements, noise, etc.  My thoughts were drawn to ponder the approximately eight short years that have been given us to protect and teach the children about what is most important.  To teach them the reality that they are known individually to their Father in Heaven and that He loves them perfectly and uniquely. It is in these short years that we lay the foundation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their hearts and the knowledge of how to listen to the Holy Ghost, before Satan can influence their lives and the distractions of the world and millions of other choices crowd their thoughts.   Our Father in Heaven has laid this assignment and privilege with us!  How blessed we are to be a part of helping Him in His work of salvation among the children of men! 

Each one of you are appreciated more that you know-
Tanya Yancey
Arlington Stake Primary President

No comments:

Post a Comment