2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Sunday, October 7, 2012

WEEKLY TEACHING MOMENT: Teach with Love



“A gospel teacher should always teach with love for the students….love of God and love of His children is the highest reason for service.              Those who teach out of love will be magnified as instruments in the hands of Him whom they serve.”
                          Dallin H. Oaks, “Gospel Teaching,”Oct. 1999 general conference
I have found that when I had the hardest time fulfilling my callings, it was because I was not filled with love.
Attitude has a lot to do with love. When we seek to find the good inside, we will find it. When we seek to find the bad inside, we will find it too.
Humility has a lot to do with attitude. When we are humble, our attitudes are better. When we are prideful, our attitudes reflect that.
Fulfilling my calling has always been easier when I have checked my pride and attitude aside and just let God’s love guide me.
The pressure, the burdens, the excuses and the difficulties seem to vanish and somehow everything, at home and at church, gets done.
 
 
Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary
Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment