2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Friday, April 18, 2014

Yoked with His Power

This week I’ve been pondering the various callings in primary, the teaching tips I might want to pass along and Cub Scout or Activity Day ideas I could share. But my thoughts return to one idea-how important our callings are, no matter what the calling is. When we accepted our callings, Heavenly Father entrusted us with a great responsibility. Our efforts in Primary can make THE difference in a child’s life. We are helping parents to give children the tools they need in this life and hopefully we are helping to head them down the right path. My words are not to add a burden or make anyone feel guilty, but to show how much Heavenly Father loves and trusts us and how much faith He has in us.

I also ponder about the one single thing can we do to succeed in our calling. The answer is to come unto Christ. Read your scriptures, say your prayers, attend the temple and take time to be still and listen. When you fill your lamp, your calling becomes easier and it begins to feel more of a blessing than a job to do. Christ said, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:30)

Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “You come unto Christ to be yoked with Him and with His power, so that you’re not pulling life’s load alone. You’re pulling life’s load yoked with the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and suddenly your problems, no matter how serious they are, become lighter.”

I don't need to pass along activity ideas or teaching tips, because each of us can succeed in our calling when we are yoked with His power!!

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/09/take-my-yoke-upon-you?lang=eng

Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary
First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment