2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hastening His Work

At the Saturday night session of Stake Conference last weekend, President Flake talked to us about hastening His work. He asked some in the congregation to share their missionary efforts. Wonderful stories and thoughts were shared, like one brother hands out pass along cards each time he gets gas. President Flake then asked us at the end of his talk about what message we might take away and again asked some to share their thoughts. There was no way I could speak on the spur of the moment to answer his question, but had I the courage I would have said just one word....preparation. I need to be prepared to share the gospel. Not just carrying pass along cards or Books of Mormon with me, but to prayerfully and spiritually prepare to share the gospel each day. Do I pray for someone to talk to? Do I practice what I'm going to say or sharing my testimony? Do I prepare myself to have the Spirit as a companion so that I might say His words and do His works? Am I willing to be guided by the spirit?

How does this relate to Primary? Well, each week the gospel is shared with the primary children. Each week we are teaching future missionaries, fathers, mothers and church leaders. It seems like it is a part of hastening His work! Each week we must prepare lessons, games, activities and handouts. (pass along cards and Books of Mormon) But do we pray for guidance? Do we practice what we are going to say? Do we prepare ourselves to have the Spirit as a companion to know what say or to do or to know what a specific child might need? Do we have the courage to guided by the spirit even if it means to set the lesson book aside to answer a child's question that may not be in the lesson?

I wonder if it works the other way? Have our the preparations and teaching we do each week in Primary prepared us to share the gospel with friends, neighbors and even strangers!

Thanks,
Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary
First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment