2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Theme of Primary

The theme of Primary:
                      “All thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children” (3 Nephi 22:13).
The purposes of Primary are to help children:
  1. Feel Heavenly Father’s love for them.
  2. Learn and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  3. Feel and recognize the influence of the Holy Ghost.
  4. Prepare to make and keep sacred covenants.
How do you accomplish this in your Primary?  The same as you have been doing each week!  As I visit the Primaries throughout our Stake, I am amazed at all that I see and feel.  I see friendships and feel love.  I see happiness and I smile.  I hear laughter, music and lessons and feel the spirit.  What a blessing it is to be able to visit each primary.  I always leave spiritually fed and uplifted. 
As you prayerfully prepare each week, don’t forget to ask yourself “What will the children DO to learn today.”  Children learn in many ways.   Some learn visually or auditory, but when they can do something as well, it helps their learning.  And it’s fun!  Also, ask yourself “How can I help them FEEL the spirit today?”  There are many things you can do to invite the spirit.  When you do feel the spirit, you can point it out to them.  Nothing teaches better than the spirit! 
 
Thanks,
Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary
First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment