2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Five Reasons

Today, I thought about five reasons why I love my calling!   

I love my calling because…
1.     I get to learn!  My calling requires me to study the scriptures, manuals, conference addresses, trainings and more.  To fulfill my calling, I must study and learn. 
2.     Because I am so busy!  I am asked to do many things and go to many places and to do it cheerfully!  I learn to rely on Him. I learn to be happy about it, too!
“I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.”  Philippians 4:13"for God loveth a cheerful giver."  2 Corinthians 9:7
3.     I have to do things I don’t want to do!  My talents and experiences grow.  I overcome my fears and anxieties.  I learn more about myself and become a better person as I do the things I really would rather not do. I become a better servant for the Lord.
“I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord, I’ll be what you want me to be.”
            -Hymn #270
4.     It leads me to the temple.  As I learn of the gospel and give cheerful service, my heart turns to the Lord.  It makes me want to go to the Temple more often.
5.     I have been humbled. The more I understand through study, the more I give through service, the more I learn through doing hard things, the more I attend the temple, the more I understand what an honor it truly is to teach and serve the little children.  I am humbled by Heavenly Father’s confidence in me that He wants me, imperfect and flawed, to serve His children.
“No greater responsibility can rest upon man than to be a teacher of God’s children.”    
                           -Teaching, No Greater Call Lesson 1


Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary

First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment