2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Monday, October 6, 2014

Walk as He Walked

I loved the words of President Monson today about  the Savior.  "Works which ye have seen me do, you shall do also".  "What manner of men are you?"  "Walk as He walked."  I was reminded yesterday as I had the opportunity to give away coats to the homeless in Seattle, that everybody has their own path to the Savior.  Some roads are rough and some are easy depending on our opportunities, experience and the choices we make.  Those that find the Savior early are blessed.  I feel glad that I had good parents, teachers, and church leaders that showed me the gospel was the way to true happiness. 

Some are not as fortunate as us.  They do not have the life experience that we do.  The gospel was not handed to them at birth.  They had to fight and fail and overcome much to know God and His son.  I met a man named Cleveland Harmon, that finally, at age 66 has found a love and trust for God.  He knows that what is most important in this life is connections with people and that no matter what the circumstances you are given or, choose, you can be like the Savior.  You can serve and love those around you even when the only possession you have on this earth is a backpack full of journals and short stories you have written about your life.  I was privileged to hear some of his stories yesterday. I was also humbled.   Heavenly Father loves Cleveland Harmon.   There is evidence of this love in His journals.  If the Savior can love this man how great is His love for you, a servant of God.  

President Monson said, "Decisions determine destiny,"  How will you serve His children in primary?  Do you think you make a difference?  When you show up each Sunday, when you prepare, when you testify of Him your slow and steady obedience to the Father will make a difference.  Not just to you, but someone you may never know about.  Heavenly Father looks upon the heart.  It does not matter at what point in life we turn to the Savior as long as we do, but I know that the earlier children know and learn of the Savior the better off they will be.  Peace and joy in this life come from the Savior.  Knowing Him prevents many lost and wandering souls.  Do your best to help the children in primary come to know the Savior in the new year.  I have no doubt you can accomplish this feat because you would not be in this calling if you did not have a mighty testimony of Christ our Savior.  

Love,
Autumn McClellan
Arlington Stake Primary President

No comments:

Post a Comment