2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pray for Abilities Equal to the Task

I was given an assignment within my calling that was out of my comfort zone and a bit beyond my abilities.  The size of the assignment was really overwhelming to me and as the due date got closer, my anxiety increased.  I found myself procrastinating the preparations and then agonized over the results of my choices.  I needed some help!  I decided the best way to handle this was to pray and fast and seek a priesthood blessing from my husband.  When this decision was made, I was reminded of a talk from Pres. Monson I had listened to earlier in the week.  He said:
 “My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle.”
            -President Thomas S. Monson
What wise council President Monson gave.  We know with God nothing is impossible.   When we are asked to do something, God has already prepared the way for it to be accomplished.  I can assure you that I have been praying for abilities to match this assignment and can feel His guidance in my preparations.    
Have a great week!
Elise
 
Elise Simbeck
Stake Primary Presidency
2nd Counselor
http://weeklyteachingmoments.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment