2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Ripple Effect

I was talking with an acquaintance Thursday evening at my children's school just before heading off to our Ward's Relief Society activity.  It was time to leave and I wanted to keep talking to her, but also wanted to get to the activity on time.  I just blurted out "Would you like to go to Relief Society with me?"   After I explained what that was, she was very eager to attend.  She followed me to the church where we continued our talk over dinner and (although I'm embarrassed to admit) throughout the lesson too!  She told me how things were for her when she grew up.  She explained that she left home when she was 15 to try to give herself a better life.  She felt that even with the hard road to she traveled, it was better than staying at home.  She is now a single mom and wants to make sure she gives her children a better life. I told her that she already was and I could see the values she had taught her daughter. I explained how her daughter could build upon what she was taught and do better for her children. 
We cannot see the ripple effect that our actions will bring.  Whether it be at our homes or in Primary, there will be a ripple effect if we choose ...or don't choose... to start it. 
  
"Like the expanding circles our pebbles made on Jackson Lake, the actions of righteous women ripple on and on through time and space and even generations. These righteous actions come from our understanding of the divine mission of Jesus Christ, our knowledge of the gospel plan, our obedience to eternal commandments, and our work in this, the kingdom of God on earth."  -Virginia U. Jensen, October 2000       http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2000/10/ripples?lang=eng
P.S. Your Primary ripples are and will continue to be beautiful!!
  
Don't forget our blogspothttp://weeklyteachingmoments.blogspot.com/
Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary
Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment