2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rebirth

This morning I took a renewing walk around my yard to see if anything was happening. I found heather blooming brilliant purple and a few yellow daffodils nodding their sunny heads, and some tiny pure white blossoms unfolding on my plum trees. I pondered the beauty of rebirth and all things made new. I am traveling to Utah for Easter to visit my father who is dying of cancer and I wondered how death and rebirth could possibly exist at the same time. Then I remembered that today is “Good” Friday, the day our Savior suffered and died for our sins. On Sunday we will celebrate his resurrection, the ultimate type of rebirth. There are many types of rebirth. When we are baptized, we are born again into the family of Christ and literally take his name upon ours. We can be reborn each week as we partake of the sacrament. Lorenzo Snow (page 61) talks about his baptism of the Holy Ghost, “It was a complete baptism-a tangible immersion in the heavenly principle or element, the Holy Ghost: and even more real and physical in its effects upon every part of my system than the immersion by water…” There are many seasons of death and rebirth in our lifetimes. How thankful I am for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Fathers Plan of Salvation and for the promise of the Holy Ghost. My heart swells with gratitude and peace as I ponder the Saviors death and resurrection, for His example before us and for His infinite love. As I smell the blossoms of the wild cherry trees, I am thankful for the promise of the rebirth.

Love,
Tanya Yancey
Arlington Stake Primary President
http://weeklyteachingmoments.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment