2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Monday, June 3, 2013

Our children can teach us

In our last General Conference I was touched by Rosemary M.  Wixom's talk. "The Words We Speak."  My husband was very impressed by a phrase she spoke, "We'll fix it and we'll clean it up." Those simple words say alot to a child.  They say, you are not bad.  They say, everyone makes mistakes.  They say, I love you and am here to help you.  What is more Christ like than that.  There were a lot of great things in this talk , but today I want to remind you of what she spoke at the end of her talk she said, "...may we pause to listen, for a child is most capableof speaking great and marvelous things in return."
 
As I thought about this, I thought about 10 year old Brother Ferguson from the Stanwood Ward who was so brave to stand in Stake Conference and speak the words of a child.  What a simple yet powerful testimony he has.  I thought about all the visits I have made and the simple gospel truths that are expressed by children all over our Stake each Sunday.  Their simple prayers, and talks, and comments are heartfelt and true.  I love the simple basics of the gospel.  I love the songs the children sing and the Spirit that is felt in primary.  We are so lucky to be with children that are discovering the gospel in new ways each week. 
 
This week I want you to remember how special children are.  How Heavenly Father loves them.  To teach children is a privilege and an honor and I know if you listen to the hearts of the children, truely listen, you will hear marvelous things.  I know you will feel the Spirit each week and your heart will be touched by a little child.  As a child Jesus taught many great and important men.  Our children can teach us how to be true and faithful if we listen
 
 
On LDS.org I found theseshort videos under Primary Resources.  They are videos from children all over the world.  Just children sharing their testimonies of the gospel.
 
 
Autumn McClellan
Arlington Stake Primary
First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment