2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Monday, June 3, 2013

Righteous Fathers

This post is a little late because my family tried to go camping in the rain this weekend.  It was very wet and muddy.  At least it didn't phase my boys.  It took them all of 5 minutes to get muddy and they wore their mud with pride.  I hope you all had a great family weekend.  
 
On our trip we had an 8 month old baby with us and she was none too happy at night.  Instead of getting mad and being grumpy because of the lack of sleep I found myself sitting in my sleeping bag smiling from ear to ear.  I listened as a young father tried to quiet his baby.  He was humming "I Am a Child of God" to his little baby girl as he walked around camp in the pitch black.  He was so patient, calming, and loving and it made me think of a thought from Sister Wixom during her talk in General Conference, she said,
 
"The young father I spoke about earlier, who wrote about his memories of his second-grade teacher, is now raising a beautiful baby daughter. He feels the heavenly trust that has been placed in him. As she grows up, what will be her future? What will he say that will sink deep into her heart? What words will encourage her, lift her, and help her to stay on the path? Will it make a difference if he ...takes time to whisper, “You are a child of God”? Will she remember someday that her father often said the words, “I love everything about you”?

Isn’t that what our Heavenly Father was saying to His Son and to all of us when He said, “This is my beloved Son” and then added, “in whom I am well pleased”?" 
 
Fathers are not born they are made by righteous Christ-like parents.  They are taught by example at church and through primary.  This young father holds his priesthood well.  He treated his daughter just as Jesus would.  Jesus is our ultimate example.  He is Love.  I was so happy that there was another good righteous father in the world and that he will make a difference to those in his life and throughout his community.  Remember that the children in primary may be a little loud and rambunctious at times, but someday they are going to be singing primary songs to their children.  See what they can become.
 
 
 
Autumn McClellan
First Counselor
Arlington Stake Primary

No comments:

Post a Comment