2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Monday, October 14, 2013

Learning from the Children

Today at church, I was reminded that even though we are called to help the children learn, most of the time I felt it was me learning from them. They are so open and honest with their thoughts and feelings, sometimes to the chagrin of their parents. I don’t think that I have ever left a primary that I didn’t feel edified; especially when their voices are raising in song. How can you not feel the spirit when you hear primary children sing “Teach me to walk in the light of his love; Teach me to pray to my Father above; Teach to know all the things that are right. Teach me, teach me to walk in the light.” We need to remember to take those moments to feel the strong spirit from them so that we can strengthen our testimonies. Then we have the strength to help these amazing children of God learn how to gain a strong foundation in the gospel.

I also wanted to remind everyone about the Leadership Training at the Stake Center, this Thursday October 17th at 6:30 p.m. It will be the place to help fill up our lamps.

Melanie Bissey
Arlington Stake Primary
Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment