2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Back Up Plan

Well, I'm about to walk out the door for our family's summer vacation. I did a last minute check of my "to do" list to see what I've forgotten. I've got the camera packed. I always forget it. I remembered the items from the freezer. The neighbor has the key to house now. That's important!! The last thing listed is send out this Saturday's Weekly Teaching Moment. I haven't prepared it yet. So I checked over some thoughts I recorded last fall and found this unfinished thought and figured it was quite appropriate for my situation!!

"I have learned that, even with the best prepared plans, not everything goes as planned. Sometimes things go completely wrong. A back up plan is needed. Take a moment and plan a couple of games, puzzles, flannel board stories or print out extra coloring pages that you only use when you just can’t seem to capture the children’s attention or when you have extra time in class. You’ll never have to worry about “when things don’t go as planned”. Put together a “kit” for a substitute teacher too so they have some “tools” in their bag before they go to teach at the last minute. And then, let the spirit guide you!"

Elise Simbeck Arlington Stake Primary Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment