2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Understand Who You Teach

I’ve had lots of experience with children. I am a mother of 8 children. I was a nanny to 4 children while I went to nursing school. I babysat many, many hours to earn money for my first car. I’ve always had a calling working with the youth and always thought that I understand kids. I recently got to spend time with 4 year old little boy. Wow!! Had I forgotten so much about being 4 years old!! My youngest son was that age only 4 years ago. That’s not really isn’t that long ago, but I had to quickly readjust my expectations of this little boy. Once I did, we had a much better time together. Children grow and develop so quickly. So, even if you consider yourself an experienced primary teacher (like I do of myself!!), don’t forget to review the age characteristics of the children you are teaching. It can be very helpful in understanding their needs or helping to solve behavioral problems or getting and keeping their attention.

The manual “Teaching No Greater Call” has a section on the age characteristics.
Here’s a link to it: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=997397a7c1d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=a9832ce2b446c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment