2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heavenly Father's Plan

The words to "The Church of Jesus Christ" have been in my thoughts this week.

"I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow Him in faith. I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ. I'll honor His name. I'll do what is right. I'll follow His light. His truth I will proclaim. "

Remember as you teach the children about Heavenly Fathers plan they are learning who they are and what the true purpose of this life is. They learn what matters most. They learn that they are not only loved, but beloved sons and daughters. Beloved means, dearly loved. They will remember when the world says they aren't good enough, or when the world says they don't fit in, or when life gets hard to bear. They will be able to tell themselves, "It does not matter what they think of me, it matters what my Heavenly Father thinks of me." If they have felt His love they will have this peace and even as adults will know this simple truth. Alma 37:35 "O remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God."

I love you for being the type of person mentioned in the song above. I thank you for proclaiming the truths of the gospel to the children of our Stake. I know if children learn to follow Jesus in their youth they will have a testimony and testimonies are what keep us on the path.

Autumn McClellan
Arlington Stake Primary President

No comments:

Post a Comment