2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Help Me Teach with Inpiration

In Doctrine and Covenants 80: 77-78, 80 we read:

And I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom…Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;…That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you.”
 
Heavenly Father has a work for us each of us to do.  We have been called and set apart for our specific callings.  All the tools we need to accomplish our work have been given.  We have leaders, lesson manuals, and online resources. We have faith, prayer, scriptures and revelation.  We have our own personal experiences, strengths and talents. And as we read above, if you study and prepare "His grace will attend you...to instruct you more perfectly...that you will be prepared...to magnify the calling" you've been called to.  You have everything you need to accomplish your mission…to teach His little ones!
 
Help Me Teach with Inspiration (Hymn #281)
Help me teach with inspiration; Grant this blessing, Lord, I pray. Help me lift a soul's ambition To a higher, nobler way.
Help me reach a friend in darkness; Help me guide him thru the night. Help me show thy path to glory By the Spirit's holy light.
Fill my mind with understanding; Tune my voice to echo thine. Touch my hand with gentle friendship; Warm my heart with love divine.
Help me find thy lambs who wander; Help me bring them to thy keep. Teach me, Lord, to be a shepherd; Father, help me feed thy sheep.

Elise Simbeck
Arlington Stake Primary

First Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment