2015 Primary Theme

2015 Primary Theme: I Know My Savior Lives

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” ( Job 19:25).

Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Words We Speak

The words we speak and how we speak them can impact those around us tremendously... Words can uplift and inspire but also hurt and discourage.  How are we speaking to those we care about, have stewardship over or just come into contact with?  Do we really sit and think that what we are saying may change a person's day?  That we have the power to be a source of light and goodness to some who may be overwhelmed with life's challenges?  

We are taught in the scriptures that Heavenly Father and Jesus speak with still voices of perfect mildness, as if it was a whisper and it pierces to the very soul. We can learn from heaven.  It was not loud, scolding or demeaning: it was a still voice of perfect mildness, giving firm direction while giving hope.  Let's be that voice.  Let's lovingly encourage and inspire and direct and even when there's a need for corrective action let's do it with love and patience.  We are all learning and face different challenges and life is so much easier when we feel loved and share our love.  I know that if we turn to our Father in heaven in prayer He can direct us in the best way to share His love and ours with those we come into contact with.

I'm so thankful for the love I feel from those around me and for the opportunity to share a little love with others.  I promise you that if you reach out and do even the smallest thing with loving intentions you will always feel better.  Thank you for your service and hard work and efforts and for just being there.  You are making a difference and the children need you and can feel of your love. 

Sending you my love,
Lauri Ferguson
Arlington Stake Primary
Second Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment